Floor sanding is the process that removes the unevenness and hard shell from your timber floors unearthing the natural beauty that is hidden beneath the surface. Using the latest dust free German technology alongside specialist equipment we can re-sand and finish your floors to the desired results for staining, bleaching or polishing.
Floor sanding as the name suggests is generally a very dusty and extensive process. Older machine technology tends to expel large amounts of dust (to the extent they can change wall colours.) This is just one of the reasons Perth Flooring Solutions made the decision to invest in only the very best. Our modern machinery avoids this by using more advanced dust extraction systems with 1200w vaccums attached. These vacuums allow for the removal of up to 95% of the dust which is far more efficient and allergy friendly compared to the older conventional sanding methods. Removing 95% of the dust with our extraction systems drastically reduces clean ups prior to coating your floors. With unique follow up and dust removal systems Perth Floor Sanding Solutions always strives to achieve a ‘no mess’ no fuss excellent result that you are sure to be proud of.
Using the latest machine technology available gives our team the best opportunity to achieve a professional result you’ll be happy with. Rather than the traditional method of sanding with the grain we go against the grain to achieve results that are nothing short of spectacular.
The owner of Perth Flooring Solutions assisted in pioneering the bleaching technique in the early 90’s. Perth Flooring Solutions are Perth’s no 1 bleaching specialist.
Bleaching is a technique whereby using specialist chemicals to obtain a lighter finish. It dramatically lightens the timber to more of a Baltic pine color in a similar process that you would get your hair bleached. (the chemicals are 10 x stronger.) This technique has been engineered and developed by the Owners of PFS for 25 years and they now have an intimate understanding of how to achieve a consistent jaw dropping result which will sure to enhance and lighten your house. There are only a handful of persons in Perth who know how to bleach with very few who can achieve the results that PFS can. If you are looking for the Scandinavian European semi rustic look then bleaching is an excellent and cost effective alternative to revamping and giving your house a new look. This can be achieved on timbers such as Jarrah species and Karri.
Staining offers an alternative appearance and PFS offers a range of stain solutions to achieve your desired result. Scouring Europe for only the best products PFS can offer unique alternatives to the traditional mainstream ones offered in the industry that are easy care and also easily repaired. We have a wide range of colours upon request and will always endeavor to colour match existing floors where possible.
Our floor sanding process is simple but effective
- We prepare the floor for sanding. All external tacks and debris and removed.
- Staples are removed and any adhesives are treated with solutions to assist with removal.
- Your boards are sanded using our high quality European machinery and techniques
- Steps, stairs, edges and hard to reach places are finished with our specialized German hand sanders with dust extractors attached.
- Dust extraction occurs on all machines throughout the process with our unique blow down techniques being conducted throughout the process to further reduce dust.
- Final stage dust down and hand vacuuming ( 1200v vacuums) conducted
- Should you require then your floor is stained, bleached to achieve your desired affect.
- Desired finish applied from a number of options available.